A projector is one of the most widely used electronic items in the business world. But its use is not restricted to business or commercial purposes. Many people buy a projector instead of a television at home.
This trend has picked up a good pace owing to technological advances and cost-effectiveness. This is a guide to help you understand the features of a projector in the market available under 250$.
Brightness, contrast ratio, native resolution, aspect ratio, display technology, and lamp life are the important features you must look while buying a projector. Compare these features in different models and pick the one which suits the best to your needs.
In the price range of 150$ to 250$, a majority of projectors have 2500 to 3000 lumens brightness. It is the brightness available when a projector is not on eco or power saving mode. This brings into light, another feature – lamp life. Lamp life is given in hours and it indicates the amount of time a lamp will be as bright as the new one. Most lamps claim a lamp life of 20,000 hours which may consider running the projector on eco-mode.
The contrast ratio is a ratio of the brightest white dot on the screen to the darkest black dot. For the price range under consideration, you can easily buy a projector which has a contrast ratio more than 2000:1. Another ratio to consider is the aspect ratio. For projecting movies 16:9 is advisable while for official purposes 4:3 aspect ratio works.
Native resolution is the number of pixels a projector is capable of displaying. Higher the resolution, the clearer will be the picture. For the given price range, you will easily get a resolution of 1280×800 and 1920×1080. Another important feature is display and most projectors either have LCD or DLP displays. The choice is yours to make!
Check the top projectors under 250 dollars at Amazon.com
3 Best projectors under $250 US dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
APEMAN NM4 Mini Portable Projector, Video DLP Pocket Projector for Home and Outdoor Entertainment, Support 1080P HDMI Input Built-in Rechargeable Battery Stereo Speakers with Upgraded 360° Tripod
- Lightweight as Phones: Pocket size mini projector (3.86x3.86x0.85 inches) and lightweight (0.44 lbs). Easy to take and operate. It comes with a TRIPOD with a fully functional 360-degree rotation and firm stand. This projector is an ideal and popular gift!
- Excellent Features: Super low noise which hardly to hear when you are watching a movie. The mini projector is perfect for home cinema, parties or camping entertainment in a relatively dark environment. Not suitable for business or teaching presentations.
- Built-in Battery and Long Lamp Life: The mini projector gets you through a 1.5-2.5 hours movie on one charge. Flexible to use anywhere and don't need charging always. Long lamp lifetime up to 45000 hours. If use it for 3 hours per day, that's 40 years.
- Extensive Connectivity: This portable projector can widely connect to a laptop, TV Box, DVD, tablet, camera, PS3/4, smartphone, etc. via HDMI port to enjoy a variety of entertaining resources from many devices. Make your living room become a home theater!
- Big Screen HD Movie: Advanced DLP technology provides a 70% brighter image and 50% sharper image. Supports full HD 1080P video with a 1000:1 contrast ratio and 854 x 480 native resolution. You can enjoy a 30-100" big display screen within 1-4 m distance.
# RANK 2
Mini Projector WOWOTO A5 Pro Android 7.1 100ANSI 2+32G Portable DLP Video Projector 150" Home Theater Projectors with BT4.0 Support WiFi Wireless Screen Share 1080P HDMI USB SD Card
- 📺Small size with powerful performance: Palm size (5.2x3.2x0.9in) and lightweight (0.55lb). 75-100ANSI, supports full HD 1080P (1920*1080) with 2000:1 contrast ratio and 850*480 native resolution. 45,000Hrs long lifetime LED Lamps. It can be easily carried with you, perfect for traveling, parties or camping projection in appropriate environment (indoor and dark).75-100ANSI,
- 📺Truly Wireless: Android 7.1 system, 2+32G updated storage, pocket-size 2.4G/5G WIFI connected to the network. Run Streaming and media apps flawlessly. You can also play movie on Youtube, Netflix, etc. online right now.
- 📺ADJUSTABLE PROJECTION SIZE: Despite its miniature size, this 2.1-inch Pocket Pico Projector is capable of bringing up to 150 inches projection screen with a projection distance of 0.3-2m. For optimum viewing, we recommend a projection distance of about 1 m~2m.
- 📺Brighter and Sharper View: Advanced DLP Core Part-Optical technology from TEXAS Instruments, which creates razor sharp pictures and amazing videos with incredible colour and brightness, while providing world-class reliability and longevity. it can deliver images with both high ANSI contrast and exceptional brightness, creating a picture so real and seamless that it's easy to forget that you aren't in the action.
- 📺NOTE: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Aptoide to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported.
# RANK 3