There are numerous options in the market for printers with budget features under $200. You would usually find inkjets printers more than laser printers as a preferred choice in this category.
Also, this segment has good diversity, attracting more and different types of users. There are certain specifications you have to look for to get yourself a suitable printer, keeping your priorities in mind.
1. Cost efficiency
In wake of the frequency with which the printer will be used, it’s important for you to know which type of printer you need. If it’s a workspace with a lot of bulk printing, monochrome laser printers would be apt for you. For home and personal use in an office, go for color inkjet printers. And on an average, monochrome prints are much cheaper on laser printer compared to the inkjet printer. So if color printing is also important for you, you should buy an inkjet from this price bracket.
2. Print Speed
This factor as well is environment-dependent and can be radical in making the final choice. Print speed doesn’t matter if it’s not going to be used by many, all the time. But if you are in an office, you might want to avoid inkjet printers, as laser printers are much faster in this range. Print speed of laser printers is above 30 pages per minute when we are talking under $200 budget. In the case of inkjet, the immediate value isn’t very different, but it is when we are talking about many prints in a day.
Although USB printers have always been faster and with lesser issues, the latest WiFi printers have evolved as a more preferred choice. Just make sure your printer is compatible with cloud printing options like AirPrint, Google Cloud Printing and more, as such options are easily available under $200. Ethernet ports in printers are also quite useful for sharing the printer in a private network. Now what’s really important and has to be considered in the wireless printers is whether it is compatible with recent WiFi technology or not. A WiFi printer compatible with 802.11ac should be fine.
$200 is a pretty good budget for buying printers. But sorry to inform you, you still haven’t into the world of good laser printers and hence, most of the printers you would find in this range are inkjet-type. But then if your work is graphics related and needs printing of photos, inkjet printers would do just about fine. However, the speed of printing color pictures is terribly slow. So unless you have more bucks to spend, inkjet printers would be a better option for color printing, as laser printers for color prints may not produce quality output. But then they are not that bad if printing speed is vital to you.
5. Paper Handling
For most printers under $200, the paper tray can hold up to 150-250 sheets at once. And if you are keeping the printer in an office space, this could be a big deal. Automatic document feeder has to be there so that people don’t have flock around the printer all the time. Also, in this category, you can expect multiple print sizes like stock, legal, snapshot and more.
Check the top printers under 200 dollars at Amazon.com
Best 3 printers under 200 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
Brother MFCL2750DW Monochrome All-In-One Wireless Laser Printer, Duplex Copy & Scan, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled,Black
- PERFECT ALL-IN-ONE – The MFC-L2750DW developed for the busy home or small office, Brother’s latest compact laser all-in-one printer features advanced printing at 36 pages per minute(1) as well as faxing, copying, and scanning capabilities
- ENGINEERED FOR PRODUCTIVITY – This replacement for the MFCL2740DW helps save time with single-pass duplex (2-sided) copying and scanning via an up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder along with multi-page copying, scanning, and faxing functions
- PRINTING ON THE GO – Send print jobs wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone, and tablet(2). The "Touch to Connect" printing with NFC gives added convenience(3)
- CLOUD-BASED PRINT & SCAN – Print from and scan to popular Cloud services directly from the 2.7" color touchscreen, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, OneNote, and more(4)
- Wireless printing & exceptional support – easily connect via wireless connections from your laptop, smartphone, desktop, and tablets. We provide free online, call, or live chat support for the life of your printer. Copy resolution: 600 x 600 Max. Dpi. Power source-ac 120V 50/60Hz
- Scan driver compatibility: twain, WIA, SANE and scan file formats: JPEG (jpg), Max, PDF single-page/multi-page (PDF/a, High compression PDF, TIFF single-page/multi-page (TIFF).Amazon Dash Replenishment enabled: upon activation, Amazon Dash Replenishment measures the toner level and orders more from Amazon when it’s low
- Form Factor: Print Only
- Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi
# RANK 2
HP LaserJet Pro M402n Laser Printer with Built-in Ethernet, Amazon Dash replenishment ready (C5F93A)
- FEATURES DESIGNED FOR YOUR BUSINESS: Monochrome laser printer, 2-line display with keypad, built-in Ethernet connectivity (no wireless)
- FAST PRINT SPEED: print up to 40 pages per minute. First page out in as fast as 5.6 seconds.
- SOLID SECURITY: Keep printing safe from boot up to shutdown with security features that guard against complex threats.
- HP JETINTELLIGENCE VALUE: Choose Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence - engineered to help your HP LaserJet printer print faster and more prints.
- IDEAL FOR SMALL BUSINESSES: 350-sheet paper input capacity, up to 4,000-page monthly volume, and up to 10 users for your workgroup.
- Paper sizes supported: Letter, Legal, Executive, Oficio, A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 16K, Envelope (#10, Monarch B5, C5, DL), 4x6 in, 5x8 in, B6 (JIS), 10x15 in, statement
- NEVER SHOP FOR TONER AGAIN: Save 10% with Amazon Dash Replenishment. Upon activation your printer measures toner level and places smart reorders when you are running low. No subscription fees.
- Warranty information: One-year warranty, return to HP Authorized Service Provider
# RANK 3
Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank Wireless Color All-in-One Small Business Supertank Printer with Scanner and Copier
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience; Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty
- Cartridge free printing comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box (1)
- Includes enough ink to print up to 4,000 pages black/6,500 color (2) equivalent to about 20 ink cartridge sets (3)
- Save up to 80 percent on ink with low cost replacement bottles (4) plus easy to fill, supersized ink tanks
- Built in wireless, plus Wi Fi Direct (7) — easily print from iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and smartphones (5); print wirelessly without a network
- Unbeatable combination of value and convenience the freedom to print anything you want in color, without worry