Touching the $150 mark means you have crossed the marginal quality printers and are ready for some advanced action. Some very efficient printers for home as well as professional purpose await you. Some of the essential features to help you find your ideal printer have been listed here. All you have to do is stick to them.
This range of printers consists of the better laser as well as inkjet printers. However, you would get monochrome laser printers that are worth buying, in this range. But as far as you are using it in a workspace for bulk printing, a laser printer would be a great option. For color printing, you have inkjet printers, which are a little slow though.
2. Cost efficiency
Practically, monochrome printers are inexpensive to buy and to run. Even the cost of the printer is lesser. Although color printers are also being sold for the similar price, the cost of running a color printer is much more than a monochromatic printer. So choose wisely and pick a color printer only if you need it. And if you necessarily have to, avoid single cartridge printers.
Printing speed for this category of printers lies between 20-30 pages per minute. For office purpose, you would probably be okay with a monochrome laser printer which has better speed than that of an inkjet one. An inkjet generally prints at 1-20 ppm, but you can expect 15-20 pages per minute in this category.
When you are ready to spend this much, it’s normal to expect a multi-function printer that prints, copies, and faxes. Optical Scan Resolution should be at least 600 dpi for such printers. But then for workspaces that are always too busy, a multi-function printer wears out quicker than the one with a single function. And don’t forget to find a document reader on the final choice.
Wireless and USB technology in printers are common ways to connect these days. So that should be the bottom line for you in this category. For more, big brands bring you printers with Ethernet to share your printer across the network.
6. Paper Handling
Keep the pesky mess of reloading the printer tray again and again. Especially when in a workspace where everyone is busy cracking deals. Most of the printers under this price range come with paper trays that can hold up to 250 sheets. 150 sheets is the minimum you should be able to fit in the tray at once.
Check the top printers under 150 dollars at Amazon.com
Best 3 printers under 150 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
Brother Monochrome Laser Printer, Compact All-In One Printer, Multifunction Printer, MFCL2710DW, Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute.
- Dynamic features meet your evolving needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and handles letter and legal sized paper.
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and sizes, such as card stock, envelopes, etc. To help you create Professional looking documents.
- Engineered to deliver productivity. Up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder helps save time with multi-page copy, scan & fax.
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet.
- Form Factor: Print/Copy/Scan/Fax
- Max Printspeed Color: 32
- Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi
# RANK 2
HP LaserJet Pro M402n Laser Printer with Built-in Ethernet, Amazon Dash replenishment ready (C5F93A)
- FEATURES DESIGNED FOR YOUR BUSINESS: Monochrome laser printer, 2-line display with keypad, built-in Ethernet connectivity (no wireless)
- FAST PRINT SPEED: print up to 40 pages per minute. First page out in as fast as 5.6 seconds.
- SOLID SECURITY: Keep printing safe from boot up to shutdown with security features that guard against complex threats.
- HP JETINTELLIGENCE VALUE: Choose Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence - engineered to help your HP LaserJet printer print faster and more prints.
- IDEAL FOR SMALL BUSINESSES: 350-sheet paper input capacity, up to 4,000-page monthly volume, and up to 10 users for your workgroup.
- Paper sizes supported: Letter, Legal, Executive, Oficio, A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 16K, Envelope (#10, Monarch B5, C5, DL), 4x6 in, 5x8 in, B6 (JIS), 10x15 in, statement
- NEVER SHOP FOR TONER AGAIN: Save 10% with Amazon Dash Replenishment. Upon activation your printer measures toner level and places smart reorders when you are running low. No subscription fees.
- Warranty information: One-year warranty, return to HP Authorized Service Provider
# RANK 3
Canon Image CLASS MF247dw Wireless, Multifunction, Duplex Laser Printer
- All in One functionality allows you to print, scan, copy and fax with ease. Easily connect your mobile devices without a router using Wi Fi Direct Connection
- OS compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows vista,Windows server 2012, 2012 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2003, 2003 R2, Mac OS 10.6.8 or later
- Print at speeds of up to 28 pages per minute, with your first print in your hands in 6 seconds or less
- Print on the go with Canon PRINT Business, Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, and Google Cloud Print
- Paper capacity allows for 250 sheets in the standard cassette and 1 sheet in the multipurpose tray