When you are buying a printer that comes for $100 or less, you obviously expect the baseline features under the budget. But it’s a misconception that this amount is too low to buy a great print.
In reality, you can get many features in a printer under $100 that can prove to be a complete solution for home as well as the office. But then how do you know what to look for?
Here’s a list of things you should expect in sub $100 printers:
Under this price bracket, you can get an office as well as home use printers that provide the all-in-one solution for printing. Although there are laser printers as well in this range, most of them are monochrome. So, if you need it particularly for office use, a laser printer would be a great choice. Otherwise, inkjet printers with Black & White and Color prints are the best options.
Printers are supposed to play a crucial role in increasing productivity. And a slow printer doesn’t help in doing so. When spending up to $100, expect your printer to print pages at a rate of 20-25 pages per minute from an inkjet printer. If you seek a laser printer, the output can be faster with a rate of 25-30 pages per minute.
Apart from the obvious USB, wireless connectivity is also a pretty much normal feature to expect with $100. However, to extend the connectivity to new horizons, many brands have launched Ethernet-enabled printers for better efficiency. Some even come with a card reader for direct reading and printing from the source.
4. Form Factor
Generally, even the entry-level printers are equipped with the ability to scan, fax and copy. However, under this price bracket, printers with auto-duplex and auto-document feeder are rolled out by the big brands.
Assuming you need a printer for not a very big workspace, a printer with too much footprint is not very desirable because the printer speed is already too low. Instead of that, you buy multiple printers, which are obviously more efficient than a single printer. So remember, printer size matters a lot.
6. Sheet Capacity
Loading the tray in short intervals is very annoying. So make sure your printer tray can always fit enough to last for a while. Most printers in this range would let you hold 150 and above a number of sheets at a time. So aim for printers with at least 150 sheets tray capacity.
Check the top printers under 100 dollars at Amazon.com
Best 3 printers under 100 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
Canon TS5120 Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner and Copier: Mobile and Tablet Printing, with Airprint(TM) and Google Cloud Print compatible, Black
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease. Print hassle free even from the Cloud4, Bluetooth6, and from social media.5
- Compact size: the PIXMA TS5120 is the Wireless all in one printer that's just the right size with all the right features; Reduction / Enlargement: 25 percent 400 percent
- With features like AirPrint 2, auto power on/off, built in Wi Fi 1 and PIXMA cloud Link4 it's easy to see why the PIXMA TS5120 makes printing quick and easy
- OS compatibility: Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1 Mac: Mac OS X v10.10.5 - macOS v10.12 (Sierra) Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, AndroidTM, Windows 10 Mobile, and Amazon Fire devices22
# RANK 2
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Wireless Printer, HP Instant Ink or Amazon Dash replenishment ready (T0F28A)
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, two-sided duplex printing, color touchscreen, automatic document feeder, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run out of ink, and more
- Easily print when and where you need to from your smartphone, tablet, or notebook PC; get convenient mobile printing options and mobile setup; connect the way you want to with Ethernet and wireless networking
- Produce fast professional-quality color for 50% less than lasers, save paper, and handle more tasks without slowing down
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is ideal for the home office or small workgroups that need professional-quality, affordable color with powerful productivity and fast functionality
- Choose an ink replenishment service - Save up to 50% with HP Instant Ink or Save 10% on all reorders with Amazon Dash replenishment; upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low; no subscription fees; cancel anytime
- Includes most features of HP OfficeJet Pro 5700 series plus higher print speed of up to 20 pages/minute (black) and monthly duty cycle up to 20,000 pages
- Paper sizes supported: A4, Letter, 5x7 in, 4x6 in, Legal, 4R, L, Panoramic/10x30 cm, 4x8.5 in
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
# RANK 3
Brother Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Printer, MFC-J491DW, Multi-Function Color Printer, Duplex Printing, Mobile Printing,Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled, Black, 8.5 (MFCJ491DW)
- SIMPLE TO CONNECT: Choose from built in wireless or connect locally to a single PC or Mac via USB interface. MFCJ491DW offers easy to set up wireless networking
- MOBILE PRINTING: Print wirelessly from mobile devices(1) using Air Print, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Mopria and Wi Fi Direct
- CLOUD CONNECTIVITY: Scan to popular Cloud services directly from the printer including Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, One Drive and more(2)
- VERSATILE PAPER HANDLING: Automatic document feeder and up to 100 sheet capacity paper tray for letter/legal size paper for flexible printing
- FOR USE WITH BROTHER GENUINE INKS: LC3011BK, LC3011C, LC3011M, LC3011Y, LC3013BK, LC3013C, LC3013M, LC3013Y
- AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT ENABLED: Upon activation, Amazon Dash Replenishment measures the ink level and orders more from Amazon when it’s low