Shopping a laptop? Here is your easy, definitive GUIDE to choose ‘the one’: After the big PC, came the compact wireless PC, various laptops, a series of Smartphones and Notebooks and Tablets and Phablets,.., uff, what not? But our evergreen gadget is the LAPTOP, simply because of its usefulness and versatility.
Everyone needs a laptop just like a mobile, whether you’re a student or businessman or employee or busy housewife or a retired guy, not to mention a professional techie! And what’s new? , our humble laptop has grown into a sleek, lightweight, any-weather friendly, super fast and economic asset of millions of laptoppers!
Let’s dive into the ABCDs of laptop selection-
Brand value or name: HP, Apple, Dell, Asus, Toshiba, Acer, etc offer a huge range of laptops but it’s upto you to decide on which one if you have already created a brand preference or else pick a popularly selling brand.
Processor: The brain of your laptop needs to be the latest one – Intel Core Processor. Don’t burn your pocket yet get the best deal for an Intel core i5. i7 will cost a bit more.
Processor speed:your laptop must have the commendable range of speed of 1.7 GHz to 2.2 GHz. A higher range is needed by a techie for high-performance programming. High-end, discrete graphics processing units are terrific for 3D games, transcoding 1080p video, or watching Blu-ray movies, but like fast processors, they also feast on laptop batteries. AMD Enduro, Nvidia Optimus, Apple AGS stretch battery life for gaming and programming.
Storage:the hard disk memory capacity must be between 250 GB to 500 GB. Your laptop RAM must be of 4 GB to 8 GB.
Connectivity: The must-haves for better connectivity are Bluetooth for connecting wireless peripherals, and Internet connectivity with Wi-Fi or an advanced Wi-Di. USB 3.0 offers greater bandwidth and faster data transfer than USB 2.0. USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 have a promising extra performance from peripherals like hard drives and chargers. For those who like to enjoy movies on DVD or Blu-ray, you can still find external drives & are easy to use as built-in drives.
Resolution and screen size:the ideal screen size is 11 inches to 17 inches. Choose the resolution to be at least 1920 x 1080 full HD, the higher the better!
Remember these key points plus an extended warranty on parts and maintenance is always preferred. HAPPY ‘LAPTOPPING’!
Top 3 laptops details are given below:
# RANK 1
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC, 15.6" FHD IPS w/ 144Hz Refresh, Intel i7-8750H, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Aeroblade Metal Fans PH315-51-78NP
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.1GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC )
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM Memory & 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD | Extra empty accessible slot for 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD.Maximum Power Supply Wattage:180 W
- Gigabit Wi-Fi |Backlit Keyboard | USB 3.1 (Type C) | Dual All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan Cooling | Metal Chassis.Battery Capacity:3320 mAh
- Up to 7-hours of battery life
# RANK 2
Apple MacBook Pro (13-Inch, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage, 2.3GHz Intel Core i5) - Silver (Previous Model)
- 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
- Ultrafast SSD
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi
# RANK 3
Dell G5587-7866BLK-PUS G5 15 5587 Gaming Laptop 15.6" LED Display, 8th Gen Intel i7 Processor, 16GB Memory, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti, Licorice Black
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 3.9GHz w/Turbo Boost)
- 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 up to [32GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 128 GB (SSD) Boot + 1 TB 5400 RPM [SATA] HDD Storage
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics memory
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done.Turbo Frequency: up to 4.10 GHz
- 2-In-1 SD/ Micro media card