Pens, paper, typewrites!!! Those days have gone now and it is all about computers. Yes, talking about writers, one of the most admired and well-paid professionals and are in huge demand these days.
Getting good writers with the right flair of writing is not that easy these days and unlike older days, a quality writer would be backed up with a reliable and good performing laptop. We may even think that what is there much to do with doing proper research before buying a laptop for writing purpose.
In fact, there is relevance when it comes to writing, as a good laptop would always be an asset for a writer who moves around with his data and who don’t compromise in quality of his work. Even one can write using many tools and devices, but having a laptop would definitely help one to go with a cutting edge.
Here are some important points one must take care of before buying a laptop for writing purpose:
Ideally, a 4 GB RAM is considered a decent one when it comes to laptops for writing purpose as definitely it will serve the purpose of the writer to produce his work in the most efficient way of his expectation.
Being a writer, it would be a necessity for someone to have a portable machine to roam around and portrait her or his writing skills. Ideally, the laptop should be lightweight for easy carrying at the same time it should be of a decent look and build to give the real appeal for a writer.
Space of Hard Disc
Hard Disc is another important criteria which one need to look into while buying a laptop for writing purpose. To make the laptops slim and portable, writer laptops are packed with SSD drive. 256 GB to 510 GB SSD with 1 TB Hard disc space would be considered as a decent configuration for meeting the purpose.
The screen size of 13 Inches is considered as justifiable for a laptop which will be used for writing a purpose and won’t feel strain while doing the work with it. Even one may go for higher screen sizes depending on the requirement and may prefer LED screens as well as touch screens for better visual impact.
Processor Power and speed
A powerful processor will always help a writer to do his work faster and with the at most quality. Preferably a core i3 from Intel with a speed of 1.6 GHz or more would meet the expectation of a writer and may even think about upgrading to Intel Core i5 as there are options available in the market.
It is not only the money you are ready to spend on laptop matters, but also the knowledge you have in choosing the best configuration for your requirement will definitely help you to move ahead with the computing machine in long run. Since new launches are hitting the market on a daily basis it would be really a wise decision for one to choose such a laptop which even meets the demands of future and surely the above-said points are going to help you.
Top 3 laptops for writers:
# RANK 1
Apple MacBook Air (13-Inch, Previous Model, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage, 1.6GHz Intel Core i5) - Space Gray
- Stunning 13.3-Inch Retina Display
- Touch ID and the latest Apple-designed keyboard and force touch trackpad
- Dual-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor with Intel UHD Graphics 616
- Fast SSD Storage and 8GB memory
- Stereo speakers with wider Stereo sound
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
# RANK 2
Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14" HD Business Laptop (Intel 8th Gen Quad-Core i5-8250U, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Toshiba 256GB PCIe NVMe 2242 M.2 SSD) Fingerprint, Thunderbolt 3 Type-C, WiFi, Windows 10 Pro - Black
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 RAM, storage: Toshiba 256B PCIe NVMe 2242 M. 2 SSD (seal is broken for upgrades only, Professional installation Service included)
- 8th Generation Intel Quad Core i5-8250U 1. 60 GHz Processor (Max Turbo 3. 40 GHz, 4 cores 8 threads, 6MB SmartCache)
- 14-Inch HD (1366x768), anti-glare, LED backlight, 220 nits, 16: 9 aspect ratio, 400: 1 contrast ratio| integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620: supports external digital monitor via HDMI or USB Type-C; supports three independent displays; Max Resolution 4K: [email protected] (USB Type-C); [email protected] (HDMI)
- Intel wireless 8265AC (2x2) + Bluetooth V4. 1 | fingerprint reader | HD 720P Webcam
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - ideal for home, student professionals, small business, school education
Experience Next-Gen Security with a new inbuilt fingerprint sensor to keep your data secure. Just stay cool and let the Legendary Owl Wing Fan Manage the temperature issues without your intervention. By far one of the best laptop for writers who work for long hours as it comes with a long battery standby.
# RANK 3
ASUS VivoBook S Ultra Thin and Portable Laptop, Intel Core i7-8550U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, 15.6” FHD WideView Display, ASUS NanoEdge Bezel, S510UA-DS71
- 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) WideView color rich display;Webcam : VGA Camera
- High performance 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Slim 14.2” wide, 0.7” thin; 0.3” ASUS NanoEdge bezel with 80% screen to body ratio
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor; Aluminum cover. Graphics: Intel HD
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type C (Gen 1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Dual band 802.11ac Wi Fi (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
ASUS’s featured Nano Edge bezel with 80% screen-to-body ratio makes this laptop a killer choice. With its long battery standby, it is also one of the best laptops for writers looking to buy a stylish laptop!! Writers, experience your portable machine, NOW!
The best laptops for writers are lightweight portable ultrabook comes with i5 or i7 processors, at least 8 GB RAM, decent to high capacity graphics cards, SSD drive, and 13-14 inches HD screen. On the basis of many expert reviews and above given features, we have compiled this list.
Hope this list will help you to find your best laptop.
If you are looking for the best laptop writers and some other laptop is in your mind that is not on this list, you can comment and ask about that laptop. We will be happy to help you.
RELATED VIDEOS: Best Writing Tools | Word Processors, Apps, Websites
best laptops for authors