Today there is more to a laptop than just serving some basic functions. It serves as the center for digital entertainment for most individuals, blending a media player, Stereo, and TV into the same unit.
So if you are interested in buying a laptop that is going to take care of entertainment in your daily life, these are the features you need to watch out for.
Screen size and brightness
For a laptop that will be used only for watching movies, a widescreen display with a high resolution is a must. However, not every 1080p is created equal. While a vivid and bright display is good, take some moment to view your screen from different angles so that you can take note of inverted colors or image distortions.
Check if the screen brightness on your laptop is sufficient to avoid the glare from lamps while being dim enough to avoid destroying your eyes in the dark. Also, ensure that the whites and blacks don’t carry a gray and yellow tinge to it. A laptop that offers honest-to-goodness black is difficult to come across but any movie watched without it does not look as good.
Whether you want a matte or glossy screen is entirely your choice, so make the decision while buying your laptop.
Sufficient storage space
With every passing day, it is not like your collection of music and movies are getting any smaller; on the contrary, it is an ever-expanding element! Your next laptop should ideally be something with sufficient amount of space that gets you through a few more years of movie purchases and downloads.
While an epic battery life is not necessary for a laptop that will be used for watching movies, you need to get one that gives you backup over a sufficient duration. You don’t want to have a blackout in the middle of that exciting Netflix session!
Top 3 laptops for watching movies:
# RANK 1
ASUS VivoBook F510UA 15.6” Full HD Nanoedge Laptop, Intel Core i5-8250U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, USB-C, Fingerprint, Windows 10 Home - F510UA-AH51, Star Gray
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 14.2 Inches Wide, 0.8 Inches Thin and portable footprint with 0.3 Inches Nano edge bezel for a stunning 80% screen to body ratio
- 15.6 inches Anti glare full HD display with ASUS splendid software enhancement
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD
- Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor, Windows 10 Home
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning fast 802.11AC Wi Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
# RANK 2
# RANK 3
Dell i5770-7449SLV-PUS Inspiron 17 5770 Laptop, FHD LED-Backlit Display, 8th Gen Intel Core i7 Proc, 8GB Memory, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, AMD Radeon 530, 17.3", Platinum Silver
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (8MB Cache,4.0 GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz[16GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 128 GB SSD + 1 TB 5400 RPM (SATA) HDD Dual drives, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare, LED-Backlit Display
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done
- Viewing Angle (H x V) 160° x 160°