Offering suggestions on buying a laptop that does not cost more than $300 are probably the toughest of all jobs. Most buyers nowadays seem to offer this price ceiling while buying their device and the options offered here are pretty enormous.
Nevertheless, there are some features that you would want to have more than the rest. Here are some suggestions for the features that should ideally be present in your laptop below $300.
Long battery life
The less than $300 club of laptop buyers mostly features students who want something that goes beyond the simple and ordinary but is not too extravagant both in terms of cost and usage. So it is important they take into account the weight and battery life of the product before making the purchase. It is unlikely that your lecture hall will have a sufficient number of charging points- or any, for that matter- to enable you to plug-in your device and use it in class. So a laptop with good battery life is necessary to ensure it does not shut down in the middle of that all-important lectures.
Look for something lightweight
As a student, it can be taken for granted that you will have to do a sufficient amount of walking to get around your campus. So, a lightweight laptop should be your preferred option as it will be easy for you to carry around, be it in your hands or in the backpack. Nevertheless, make sure that the product does not make any compromise on durability and is strong enough to withstand that accidental fall!
You may also look for some cool features to include in your laptop as long as the budget permits. However, raising the limit sufficiently will allow you to buy a device that will be cool and complete in more ways than one.
3 best laptops under $300 are given below:
# RANK 1
Acer Chromebook 14, Celeron N3160, 14" Full HD, 4GB LPDDR3, 16GB eMMC, CB3-431-C9W7 Bundle, Silver
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS: An operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (Internet connection is required)
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, sheets and slides
- With the Google play store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, All from your Chromebook
- Chromebooks come with built in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically
- Chromebook includes Intel Celeron N3160 Quad Core Processor, 14 inches (1920 x 1080) Full HD IPS Display, 4GB memory, 16GB eMMC, up to 12 hour battery life and included Sleeve. Battery Capacity 3920 mAh
Switch on and start working right away! Make your photos, videos, games, and presentations alive with 14″ Full HD IPS display that boasts 41% more pixels than an HD display. Work for longer hours when you have 10 hours plus of battery backup with 3x faster wireless data transfer and connectivity with dual-band MIMO technology 802.11ac. Acer Chromebook weighs only 3.42 lbs, making it one of the best laptops for travel or work from home, use for daily purpose or be creative. Acer Chromebook will walk the path of success with you!
# RANK 2
Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 11.6-Inch HD (1366 x 768) IPS Display, MediaTek MT8173C Processor, 4GB LPDDR3, 64 GB eMMC, Chrome OS, 81HY0000US, Blizzard White
- Get high performance when you need it – the Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds* and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera. Bluetooth 4.2
- Users love it! "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. ... The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
A complete I/O support with USB-C and USB 3.0 connects this laptop effortlessly with any other devices. Powerful Wifi 802.11 AC and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity make sure that porting this laptop is super easy. Inbuilt virus protection and a whopping 10 hours of battery backup make it just perfect! C330 Chromebook is just apt for its 300 Dollars price range! Flaunt this one around the town without thinking twice!
# RANK 3
Samsung Chromebook 3, 11.6", 4GB Ram, 64GB eMMC (XE500C13-K06US)
- Up to 11 hours battery life on a single charge
- Built in security Features ensure you’re protected from viruses and Malware
- 11.6 inches HD anti reflective Display
- Spill resistant keyboard protects against accidental Damage
- Intel Celeron N3060 Processor with 4G Memory and 64GB storage; Bluetooth v4.0
Your presentations for office come alive with 11.6” HD Anti Glare Display technology and the specially designed Spill-Resistant keyboard protects your laptop from accidental damage. Thank the Chrome Operating System that keeps you synced with Google providing everything required at your fingertips. Undoubtedly Samsung Chromebook is one of the best laptops under 300 Dollars price range. Take a dive, enjoy your experience!!