Laptops are indispensable these days for us, whether we may belong to any category of a user. We could fall under the category of a businessman, a working professional, a student, or a family person, a laptop is quite a necessity now considering various advantages over non-portable desktop personal computers.
When traveling has become a part of our life and as we don’t want to get our work affected, the idea of carrying a computer in a small case which meets our requirements came to existence which we call as laptops these days.
Earlier at the starting stage of this trend, the laptops sizes were also huge like the history of computers. Later on, more features has got added to these portable machines which in turn has resulted in the launch of Chromebooks, notebooks, ultrabooks, and tablets even for that matter.
There are many points we should look in deep to while buying the best laptop which meets our travel purpose. Below are some.
Features required for a travel laptop:
Weight of the Laptop
Weight is a very important feature one should look at while buying a laptop for travel purpose. A laptop with heavyweight would be always a difficulty while traveling as it consumes your space, carrying capacity and most important the baggage capacity in flights. Would be ideal to prefer a thinner laptop with weight ranging from 3 Pounds to 4.9 Pounds which is decent for a travel.
The Display size or screen size is an important factor while selecting a travel laptop. It shouldn’t be that big to consume our space at the same time shouldn’t be smaller to find it difficult to view. The best deal to choose one is up to the screen size of 14.9 inches. A laptop with a screen size of 13 inches with 1440×900 resolution or higher should be a wise choice.
Another main factor to look at is Battery consumption. Laptops normally comes with 3 cell or 6 cell batteries. A 6 cell battery with a minimum backup of 6 to 7 hours would be recommended for your travel laptop, even 3 cell battery ones are cheaper. A low power consumption one is always advised.
A perfect travel laptop should have adequate store capacity as we don’t need to carry other storage devices while traveling. A capacity of 128 GB SSD would be enough to meet our computing requirements while traveling.
Wireless Connectivity – The laptop should have facilities such as inbuilt wireless fidelity, inbuilt Bluetooth, hotspot mode, etc. to enable hassle-free connectivity to the internet and other devices.
Thickness– Thickness of the laptop is a style statement these days. An elegant and sleek one is always preferable. To be thinner with is trendier these days, probably a 0.5 inch one.
USB Ports/ DVD drive – It is always good to have enough number of USD Ports and DVD drive as it helps you to get connected with your accessories as well as other devices.
Top 3 laptops for travel:
# RANK 1
Apple MacBook Pro (13-Inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) - Space Gray (Previous Model)
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
- Ultrafast SSD
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
# RANK 2
Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition Thin & Light Laptop, 13.9" 3K Touch, 8th Gen i7-8550U, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, GeForce MX150, 3:2 Aspect Ratio, Office 365 Personal, Space Gray - Mach-W29C
- World's First FullView Display: Immersive 13.9-inch 3K touchscreen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, only 0.57-inch thin and weighs only 2.93 lbs., perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing
- Powerful Inside: Windows 10 Home Signature Edition with no bloatware. 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8550U processor + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 - boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor
- Home Theater: 3K touchscreen with 3, 000 x 2, 000 resolution, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 260 PPI allow you to see vivid details when viewing HD content. 2nd Gen Dolby ATMOS for immersive audio
- One Touch Power Button: Enabling users to power on the notebook, finish identity authentication through Windows Hello and access the desktop in less than 8 seconds. Bluetooth - Bluetooth 4.1
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2.0: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port and VGA port. Includes 1 year Office 365 Personal and 1 year manufacturer warranty.60Hz refresh rate
# RANK 3
LG gram Thin and Light Laptop - 17" (2560 x 1600) IPS Display, Intel 8th Gen Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, up to 19.5 Hour Battery, Thunderbolt 3 - 17Z990-R.AAS8U1 (2019), Dark Silver
- 17 Inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) resolution 16: 10 IPS display
- Intel 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565u Processor
- Windows home 10
- 72Wh Lithium battery up to 19. 5 hours Battery Life (mobile mark 2014 standard)
- Thunderbolt 3
- 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
- Mil std 810g durability standard
It is ideal for a businessman who explores the world to capture new voyages of success. The new LG GRAM gives you all that you need to connect with people and find new opportunities. Thanks to the Thunderbolt 3 port that makes file transfer and data connectivity much faster. The true champion is here. Why waiting? Grab the best laptop for traveling!
The best laptops for travel are portable lightweight laptops, packed with i5/i7 processors, at least 8 GB RAM, decent capacity graphics cards, SSD drive with at least 1 TB hard drive and 13 to 14 inches HD screen.
Hope this list will help you to find your best laptop for travel.
If you are looking for the best laptops for travel and some other laptop is in your mind that is not on this list, you can comment and ask about that laptop. We will be happy to help you.