If you are a musician or a home recording enthusiast who is looking for a perfect laptop for your studio, then you should keep in mind that rather than brand (we know you want a brand to show off, along with that) the specifications matter the most for you guys.
So before you go buying your dream studio system, have a look at these points to give you more idea :
Hard drive: Yes, it is one of the important components you need to look at. Always choose a hard drive with storage space of anything more than 360GB as you need loads of space. Consider the Faster hard disks which at least give 7500 RPMs. If you have external hard disk ports then its additional advantage.
RAM: A studio laptop requires a lot of RAM. Do not settle for lesser RAM; make sure you own at least 4GB RAM (this is the least capacity). You require a good amount of RAM as you’ll be running many plug-ins and VST’s
CPU: You definitely need a very fast processor. So search for better high-end ones. The lower end processors will hamper the encoding speed of your recordings and will take lots of time. You can consider multi-core processors like quad or octa core processors.
Display: Having a very good spec in the laptop with a low-resolution screen, will kill that entire feel of using a good laptop studio. So, it’s good to opt for a better screen and if your budget allows you can always go for a high-end HD display screen.
Cost: Keep your budget in mind and then decide the components and specs of your system. As said earlier, sometimes rather than going just for HI-FI brands and paying higher, it is better to opt for a good and trusted and tested ones. It’ll do the same job for the much lesser price!
With all these points in mind, it is much easier for you to select the best laptop for your portable sound recording studio.
Top 3 laptops for music recording :
# RANK 1
Razer Blade 15: World's Smallest 15.6" Gaming Laptop - 60Hz Full HD Thin Bezel - 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 Core - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q - 16GB RAM - 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10
- DISPLAY: 15.6” Full HD edge-to-edge display (4.9mm bezels), factory color calibrated
- GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q Design VR Ready graphics
- PROCESSOR: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core processor
- DUAL STORAGE: 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD - For speed and capacity
- BUILD QUALITY: Thin and compact, durable CNC aluminum unibody (0.78” x 9.25” x 13.98”)
- MEMORY: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR-4-2667MHz, expandable to 32GB
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Gigabit Ethernet, 3x USB 3.1, Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), HDMI, Mini Display Port
# RANK 2
MSI GS65 Stealth THIN-050 15.6" Gaming Laptop - 144Hz 7ms, Ultra Thin, i7-8750H (6 cores), GTX 1060 6G, 16GB RAM, 512G NVMe SSD, Win 10 Pro, RGB Keys, Black w/ Gold Diamond Cut
- Display: 15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 144Hz 7ms 72%NTSC | Operating System: Win 10 PRO
- Processor: Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core (6 Cores) 2.2 - 4.1GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6G GDDR5
- Memory (RAM): 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2400MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB | Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
- Special Features: VR Ready | Matte Black with Gold Diamond cut | Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key (84 Key) | Thunderbolt 3*1
# RANK 3
OMEN by HP 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop, i5-8300H Processor, GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB, FHD IPS Thin Display, 12GB 2666MHz RAM, 1TB HDD & 128GB PCIE SSD, Windows 10 (15-dc0010nr, Black), Metal
- Play the latest games, including Fortnight, PUBG, and Overwatch, from anywhere—without sacrificing performance.
- 8th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i5-8300H Processor, quad-core, 2.3GHz up to 4.0GHz for top gaming performance.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated). 15.6-Inch diagonal FHD IPS bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) with 144Hz refresh rate.
- 12 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (upgradable with 2 accessible Memory Slots). 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD. 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD.
- Dragon Red Backlit keyboard, full size directional Arrow keys, and illuminated WASD keys for instant recognition.
- Battery life: up to 10 hours and 45 minutes (mixed usage); up to 6 hours and 30 minutes (video playback); up to 5 hours and 30 minutes (wireless streaming).
- Dimensions AND weight (unpackaged): 14.17 inches (W) x 10.35 inches (D) x 0.98 inch (H); 5.40 pounds.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home.