DJing is an art and unlike many other art forms, it gives the spontaneous result and also considered as such a wonderful career for one who is crazy and knowledgeable about music. Modern days the trend has changed in such a way that everything is based out of computing and these smart machines called computers have acquired each and every area in our society.
Even in art forms also the impact of computers is so much these days and DJing is such a profession where one has to travel from one place, participate in events and music programmes, and perform well.
Here comes the relevance of a laptop which backs up the talent of a DJ. If a DJ has got a really good computer, rather a laptop, of course, he would be able to do wonders with his DJing skills. Selection of a laptop is not that cool and easy as we get huge numbers in the market with various specifications and features offered by different brands and selecting on the best laptop from these many for DJing purpose really require special attention to detail as well as relevant knowledge about the laptop.
Let us have a look at the below necessary specifications before selecting the best laptop for DJing and DJs:
The display is a very important point a DJ would need in the best laptop for his performances. As it requires audio and video mixing software’s assistance for a DJ to know the exact model of his activity he needs a big and clear display, a laptop with 14 inch display and above and preferably one with LED screen as well as Touchscreens options.
A powerful processor is so much inevitable for a laptop which is going to get used by a DJ as at any stage, the performance can’t be compromised and thereby the laptop’s too. The minimum requirement would be an Intel i5. and with a CPU speed of 2 GHz and above. There are really good options with Intel i7 processor as well.
Hard disc Capacity
Being a machine used for DJing, the best laptop should have atleast 500 GB Hard disc capacity as the profession is related to music and demands carrying heavy data files for reuse. A DJ needs to have sufficient space in his laptop to move around with his files without a hassle of carrying additional storage devices.
Memory is another aspect one should really consider while buying a laptop for DJing as even a single lag or a delay in the performance can’t be afforded due to the memory of the laptop. A minimum of 8 GB RAM would definitely serve the purpose and those who really crave for perfection may go for 12 GB RAM and above.
Price is another factor which really affects our purchase. Here in the case of a laptop for a DJ, a pretty good specification would be in your hands for a price of 800 US dollars or above. And it would be really worth to pay this amount as the above said features will never push you to stand behind in the crowd.
Top 3 laptops for DJs and DJing:
# RANK 1
Apple MacBook Pro (15-Inch, Previous Model, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, 2.6GHz Intel Core i7) - Space Gray
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Radeon Pro 555x or 560x Graphics with 4GB of video Memory
- Ultrafast SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi
- Force touch trackpad
- Macos Mojave, inspired by pros but designed for everyone, with dark mode, stacks, easier screenshots, new built-in apps, and more
# RANK 2
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 144Hz IPS Type FHD, GeForce RTX 2070, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Aura Sync RGB, Windows 10 64-bit, GX531GW-AS76 .62” Thin
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB (base: 1080 MHz, Boost: 1305 MHz; TDP: 90W)
- Intel Core i7 8750H Hex Core Processor
- 15.6 inches 144Hz 3ms IPS Type full HD (1920x1080) Display
- 16GB 2666Hz DDR4,512GB PCIe NVMe SSD,Windows 10 Home
- 0.62 inches thin, 4.6 pounds. Ultra portable military grade magnesium alloy body gaming laptop with premium metal cover
# RANK 3
Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition Thin & Light Laptop, 13.9" 3K Touch, 8th Gen i7-8550U, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, GeForce MX150, 3:2 Aspect Ratio, Office 365 Personal, Space Gray - Mach-W29C
- World's First FullView Display: Immersive 13.9-inch 3K touchscreen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, only 0.57-inch thin and weighs only 2.93 lbs., perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing
- Powerful Inside: Windows 10 Home Signature Edition with no bloatware. 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8550U processor + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 - boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor
- Home Theater: 3K touchscreen with 3, 000 x 2, 000 resolution, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 260 PPI allow you to see vivid details when viewing HD content. 2nd Gen Dolby ATMOS for immersive audio
- One Touch Power Button: Enabling users to power on the notebook, finish identity authentication through Windows Hello and access the desktop in less than 8 seconds. Bluetooth - Bluetooth 4.1
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2.0: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port and VGA port. Includes 1 year Office 365 Personal and 1 year manufacturer warranty.60Hz refresh rate