CAD, Computer Aided Design when expanded clearly convey us the message that this is something to do with designing and drafting with the aid of computers.
Basically, a program used for creation, analysis and final drafting of a design which is generally used for engineering purpose. From the whole idea itself, it is very clear that this area belongs to specialist professionals and involves a lot of skillset and patience involved in it. Since the era now is fully based on computers and mobile technologies, everything has taken the same mode, even the jobs in the society as well.
A CAD professional also require the help of a good laptop to perform his tasks well and to deliver the appropriate result as per or better than the expectation of end user. Selecting a laptop for CAD is not a layman’s task as it requires enough knowledge about laptops and about the minimum specification requirement for a laptop for this purpose. Since the profession of CAD includes tasks like photo editing, 3D animation, template creation etc. the laptop should really need to a power machine so that you end up in saving time and effort.
Going through with the below said features required by the best laptop for CAD would definitely help you in a better direction of purchase:
Being a laptop to be used for high-end performance the operating system should be either Windows 8 or above or a Mac OS X for those who loved Apple IOS. This will definitely help the CAD professional to work extremely well in her or his projects.
Size of the Screen
A screen size of 15 inches or above is a prerequisite for the best laptop for CAD, since it is all about designing and working with drawings and animations, a bigger screen is always good to get the best display results.
For CAD purpose, the laptop would atleast have an Intel Core i5 processor as more the number of cores, better the performance would be. There are even Core i7 machines from Intel available in the market which exceeds expectation level by investing a bit more in the purchase.
It is a mandatory feature one should definitely look into while buying the best laptop for CAD as the RAM size directly affect the performance and the output of your work. The RAM size cannot be compromised and the expected is 12 GB RAM for an excellent performance. There are even laptops available in the market with better RAM size.
Size of Hard Disc
To work with designs, videos, animations etc. the laptop you use should definitely need to have adequate storage space and the minimum applicable in this category is 500 GB hard disc space and not lesser than that. It is up to the user to go to the next levels of capacity depending on the need and the budget.
Top 3 laptops for CAD:
# RANK 1
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC, 15.6" FHD IPS w/ 144Hz Refresh, Intel i7-8750H, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Aeroblade Metal Fans PH315-51-78NP
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.1GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC )
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM Memory & 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD | Extra empty accessible slot for 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD.Maximum Power Supply Wattage:180 W
- Gigabit Wi-Fi |Backlit Keyboard | USB 3.1 (Type C) | Dual All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan Cooling | Metal Chassis.Battery Capacity:3320 mAh
- Up to 7-hours of battery life
# RANK 2
Dell G5587-7866BLK-PUS G5 15 5587 Gaming Laptop 15.6" LED Display, 8th Gen Intel i7 Processor, 16GB Memory, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti, Licorice Black
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 3.9GHz w/Turbo Boost)
- 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 up to [32GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 128 GB (SSD) Boot + 1 TB 5400 RPM [SATA] HDD Storage
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics memory
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done.Turbo Frequency: up to 4.10 GHz
- 2-In-1 SD/ Micro media card
# RANK 3
Asus TUF Gaming Laptop FX504 15.6” 120Hz 3ms Full HD, Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD, Gigabit WiFi, Windows 10 Home - FX504GM-ES74
- Windows 10 Home
- Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (Up to 3.9GHz)
- Durability - Dual fans with anti-dust technology. Red-backlit keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability
- Portable 15.6" Laptop design with 0.98" Thin profile gaming laptop and weight of only 5.07 lbs.