Very often people ask about the laptop that is best suited for their requirements. Let me tell you there is no clear answer to this question. With so many different types of laptops and varying price categories to take into account, arriving at a concrete choice is seemingly difficult.
Nevertheless, if you are someone who wants to buy a laptop for very basic use and not to serve any professional purpose, here are some things you need to take into account before splurging on an inappropriate device.
A comfortable size
If you are concerned about buying something that lacks the convenience of portability, then a light weight laptop with a smallish screen should make for your ideal purchase. Anything that has a screen size of around 12-13 inches and does not weigh more than 2 kg should fit your bill just perfectly.
The quality of the screen
For many hours every day, you will have to stare at your laptop screen. So you need to get something that is comfortable to look at. Touch screen laptops are the new craze but their glossy screen leads to reflections which are not suitable to stare at over a long period, so they are best avoided. Also, make note of the resolution that it offers. A full HD product is recommended if you wish to keep a number of things in view simultaneously. Nevertheless, try buying something that offers the widest viewing angles in order to be afforded the best viewing comfort.
Long-lasting battery life
A manufacturer will always quote a battery life but it does not necessarily indicate what the laptop is capable of doing. Battery life is affected by a number of variable parameters- tasks running in the background, Screen resolution, and screen brightness. When you run programs that require lots of processing, stream a lot of videos online, or transfer a large number of files over any wireless network, then your battery will experience rapid drain and not give the level of backup as quoted by the manufacturer. While buying, check the milli-amp-hours or Watt-hours rating of your laptop; larger the figure better will be your battery life!
It must be said, however, that you may need to sacrifice one feature for another if things start to go over-budget. Do a proper market analysis and take into account your budget before you get down to buying the perfect laptop to meet your basic functions.
Top 3 laptops for basic functions:
# RANK 1
ASUS VivoBook F510UA 15.6” Full HD Nanoedge Laptop, Intel Core i5-8250U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, USB-C, Fingerprint, Windows 10 Home - F510UA-AH51, Star Gray
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 14.2 Inches Wide, 0.8 Inches Thin and portable footprint with 0.3 Inches Nano edge bezel for a stunning 80% screen to body ratio
- 15.6 inches Anti glare full HD display with ASUS splendid software enhancement
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD
- Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor, Windows 10 Home
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning fast 802.11AC Wi Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
# RANK 2
# RANK 3
Dell Inspiron 15 Intel Core i3-7130U 8GB 1TB HDD 15.6" HD LED Windows 10 Laptop
- POWER: Powerful Intel i3 processor; 8 GB RAM memory enables speed and ease of use
- STORAGE/TRANSFER: Store your files using the 1 TB SATA hard disk drive and transfer them with media card reader
- DISPLAY: 15.6" HD display with 1366 x 768 resolution and Intel graphics
- ACCESSORIES: Keyboard with numeric keypad / Waves MaxxAudio with stereo speakers / 2 USB 3.1, 1 USB 2.0 and 1 HDMI port
- ADVANCED: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless capabilities / Windows 10 Home operating system