A new range of Digital cameras start from the $250 mark and for this much money, you can buy a good quality Full HD digital camera that you always wanted. Although this category has many cameras that are still entry-level for professionals, on the other hand, there are really good cameras that are perfect travel memories builder. But then don’t go on unaware of purchase power for buying a digital camera and make sure you do look for these features at the least.
All those who want nothing less than perfect pictures in terms of color, light and everything in between, this category of digital cameras has been hand-made for them as they could find many models with CMOS sensor. CCD sensors are also available in this range but why go for CCD when you can afford CMOS. Because of their compact size which is perfect for digital cameras, CMOS sensors are the best option available. Also, the way they perform much better than a CCD sensor.
2. Optical Zoom
Whatever the Digital zoom capability of a camera might be, Optical zoom value is the crucial aspect we should be aware and alert about. And the good news is that under $250, you can easily afford minimum 25x Optical zoom, offered by biggest brands like Canon, Sony, Nikon, and Fujifilm. Some of the bridge compact digital cameras also offer Optical Image Stabilized Zoom up to 50x, which is even more pro. But there may be smaller brands offering even more than that, but don’t be lured.
We know we say it every time that megapixels don’t matter that much. But as we have mentioned above that this range of digital cameras has CMOS sensor as a common option, more megapixels would let you stretch the picture without considerably losing the clarity. These kind of pictures are particularly useful for family photos or landscapes where intricate details do matter. Hence, 16MP is the bottom line and 20MP is what you can easily get under a set budget.
4. Assistive features
Assistive features are important in digital cameras and not everyone is a pro like you! Some people need image stabilization; some may need auto settings to get those perfect clicks and the list goes on. An image processor shall also be present to compensate for beginners. The digicam must also have inbuilt picture effects that come in handy in need.
The good thing about the digital cameras in this range is that expecting 1080p in this price range isn’t too far-fetched. Although some brands still prefer sticking to 720p format, many dare to provide you with 1080p under $250. So, do look for Full HD video recording feature in your camera and if it could also fit in anti-shake feature for stable videos, nothing like it!
Wireless technology has applied to almost every electronic item and digital cameras are no exception. WiFi and NFC are common connectivity features that are available in this price range. However, for wireless transfer feature in Sony digicams, you will have to up the budget by a little.
Top 3 digital cameras under 250 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
Canon PowerShot SX720 HS (Black)
- Powerful 40x Optical Zoom with Intelligent IS helps optimize image stabilization for virtually shake free images
- Built in WiFi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos
- 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 6 Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality even in low light
- Capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video at 60p with stereo sound
- Large 3.0 inch LCD (approx. 922,000 dots) allows easy viewing even from a wide angle
1. Powerful 40x Optical Zoom.
2. For easy sharing Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC.
3. 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 6 Image Processor.
4. Capture 1080p Full HD video.
5. Large 3.0-inch LCD.
# RANK 2
Nikon COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera (Black)
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3 inches BSI CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR f/3.0 6.5 millimeter ED Lens
- 22.5 900 millimeter (35 millimeter Equivalent)
- 40x Optical Zoom Lens, 80x Dynamic Zoom
- 3 inches 921k Dot Tilting LCD.Highest ISO Sensitivity:6400
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Bluetooth (BLE), Wi Fi, NFC Connectivity
- ISO 6400, 7.4 fps Continuous Shooting
- 18 Scene Modes, Easy Auto Mode
- Remote Control via Smartphone or Tablet.Supplied with: 4 LR6/L40 AA Alkaline Batteries, UC E16 USB Cable, AN CP21 Strap, LC CP31 Lens Cap
1. 40x Optical Zoom Lens, 80x Dynamic Zoom
2. 16MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Sensor
3. Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
4. NIKKOR f/3.0-6.5mm ED Lens
5. 22.5-900mm (35mm Equivalent)
6. ISO 6400, 7.4 fps Continuous Shooting
7. 3″ 921k-Dot Tilting LCD
# RANK 3
PANASONIC LUMIX 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 30X LEICA DC Vario-ELMAR Lens F3.3-6.4, 18 Megapixels, High Sensitivity Sensor, DMC-ZS60S (SILVER)
- 30x (24-720mm) LEICA DC Lens optical zoom performance is ideally suited for travel and everyday photography
- 18 Megapixel sensor delivers high-resolution photos with fewer image artifacts
- 4K Ultra HD video recording plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus photo capture features
- Eye-level Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) and touch-enabled LCD for a wider viewing experience
- Lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body
- Max Focal Length: 990
- Mounting Type: Bayonet
- Video Capture Resolution: 4K Uhd 2160P
1. 18 Megapixel sensor
2. 30x (24-720mm) LEICA DC Lens optical zoom
3. EVF and touch-enabled LCD for a wider viewing experience
4. 4K Ultra HD video recording