Point and Shoot Digital Cameras are probably your best buddies on a trip, especially when you are traveling alone. In order to make sure you catch some of the best memories through the viewfinder, you must have a digital camera that has best in category features.
Here, as we talk the best digital camera configurations, are the must-have features if you are willing to pay up to $100.
Megapixels do not decide the quality of picture single-handedly, but it does when you need a large sized picture. Most of the brands out there offer about 12-15MP resolution under $100. It is because a good resolution is the most sought feature in case of a digital camera. In some brands like Sony, you may find resolution below 10MP because Sony believes in refinement and likes to raise the bar more discreetly. And in terms of quality, Sony actually does produce spectacular-quality images. But then if the resolution is all that matters to you, go for other brands with higher resolution.
Coming to video resolution, 720p is the baseline for video recording in this range.
Another one of the most sought features in cameras is Optical Zoom. And under $100, you can easily aim for 5x Optical Zoom. Some brands like Panasonic and Olympus do offer up to 12x and 24x Optical zoom, respectively. After the full Optical zoom, Digital zoom steps in which can be different in different brands. Whatever it may be, it should be lossless zoom like many cameras offer.
Under this category, you would usually find 2.7 – 3” LCD display, which holds the interface and also assists you in capturing beautiful shots.
4. Image Stabilization
If you are not a pro photographer and your camera doesn’t even have image stabilization technology, you would have a hard time capturing stable photos. Almost all digital cameras come with image stabilization technology. So the ones that don’t, need to be avoided.
5. Light sensor
Low-light images need sensors to boost visibility and detail and hence, it’s a must even in this price bracket. Look for CMOS or CCD sensor in the product description before you make a purchase. A major difference between CCD and CMOS is that CCD sensors bring down the cost as they are comparatively cheaper.
Sony is said to have the best low-light sensor i.e Exmor R CMOS sensor. Canon digital cameras are also considered good when it comes to low-light imaging.
Some brands may also offer Image processors, which can produce a strikingly better picture quality than the usual.
Top 3 digital cameras under 100 dollars are given below:
# RANK 1
Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital Camera w/ Image Stabilization and Smart AUTO Mode (Silver), 0.90in. x 3.70in. x 2.10in. - 1093C001
- 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
- 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality
- 720p HD video capabilities.Focusing Range:Normal: 2.0 in. - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
- Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement.Operating Temperature:32-104°F / 0-40°C.Compatible with Android devices version 4.0 or later
- Scene Modes such as Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome provide creative freedom to capture your photos
1. 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor,
2. 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer,
3. 720p HD video capabilities,
4. Digital IS,
5. Scene Modes Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome.
# RANK 2
Nikon COOLPIX A10
- 16.1-megapixel CCD image sensor for excellent photos and 720p HD videos
- 5x optical zoom NIKKOR glass lens
- 2.7-inch large, bright QVGA LCD display; It accepts alkaline, lithium and Nikon rechargeable batteries, available as an optional accessory
- Image Size (pixels): 4608 x 3456 (16M)
1. 16.1-megapixel CCD image sensor,
2. 2.7-inch large,
3. 5x optical zoom NIKKOR glass lens,
4. Image Size (pixels): 4608 x 3456 (16M).
# RANK 3
Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ53-BK 16MP Digital Camera with 5X Optical Zoom and 2.7" LCD Screen (Black)
- 5x optical zoom
- 28mm wide angle
- 16 megapixels
- 2.7" Lcd screen
- 720P HD video
1. 5X Optical Zoom,
2. 28mm Wide Angle,
3. 16 Megapixels,
4. 2.7 inches LCD Screen,
5. 720p HD Video.